Monday, April 25, 2011

Recycle!

This entire blog is dedicated to recycling! I don't know how many of you out there have matching recycling bins for your neighborhood that the garbage truck comes and gets every so often, but our neighborhood just got ours, and I am so excited! Our family hasn't ever been really good at recycling, so this will give us a chance to make a fresh start and renew our recycling skills!

This blog was created for my school project. I have the assignment to "Improve my Community" and show proof of how I accomplished this task. So, with my sister's help, I came up with the idea to let people know more about recycling. Since our neighborhood just barely got our recycle bins, I know I haven't kept up on what all the symbols mean, and what you can and can't recycle, etc, so you'll now be able to find that information here!

To further my Community Improvement plan, I'm going to research all the information you could ever want (or not want) to know about recycling. To my neighborhood, I'm passing out a flyer that directs them to this blog so they can learn more about how to recycle more efficiently. Hopefully, this will help our community become more clean and environmental as we learn to recycle things we might otherwise have thrown out!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have recycled more since the recycle bins came, but I still don't know what all can be recycled. Good luck with your project!

Michele said...

Very interesting! I learned a lot! Good job!

Liz H. said...

hi kaely! GOOO recycling! i have a question for you: i love to recycle, but my husband isn't so good and remembering to recycle. do you have any good ideas on helping with that? THANKS! great work!

Lisa Sitze said...

Hey Kaely,

We recycle some things but this has given me some more great ideas!!! Thanks for the incentive to do more! Keep going. : )

Unknown said...

Hi Kaely, great project..here in Georgetown, we've been recycling since Leigh was in junior high..and we still learn new things about it from young people that keep it going..Keep up the good works. Proud of you! Sharon

Kelly said...

Wow, great job Kaely. I learned a lot about recycling. I never understood what all those symbols mean, now I will just visit your blog if I have any questions about recycling.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kaely, This is a great project you are working on. It makes me stop and think that I need to recycle more. Thanks for your hard work. Maudine

Anonymous said...

We recycle here in Georgetown. The firefighters at the firestations in Austin got me started...they started encouraging everyone at the fire station to recycle. I think your listed information will help many people.
Question where can we take our electronics when they do not work anymore?

Michelle Oldroyd said...

Great Job!

Anonymous said...

I recycle or reuse a lot of things but I haven't been able to find where to return old, used Propane tanks. Do you know of a place nearby in Round Rock? I also re-use cereal boxes for coloring pages for my kids, cereal boxes for little notepads, and cute craft projects (there are some cute artwork on those). Great topic for a blog!!!

Melody said...

Love the page layout and images! I'm in love with God's creation of the trees, especially the life of the tree....it's leaves!

I'm also a butterfly fan. ;-)

Thanks for choosing this topic. We need refreshers!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Kaely, Ididnt know it took so many years for some of those items to decompose. I will be sure to keep them in the recycle bin.

Isabell said...

Thanks, Kaely! I can't wait to learn more. Currently, I only recycle at work, but I'm motivated to start at home, too.

Chrisstamom said...

Great project! I am so happy for our big green bin! We rarely fill our trash can now that we are putting so much in the green can!

Anonymous said...

you did so good! this looks great! i will recycle more for sure!!